Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A "broken" run, froyo and see my FLIPBAND and new shoes!!

Get ready for an exciting post...

After tossing and turning until 2AM, I woke up yesterday at...4:58AM? What is wrong with me?! I stayed in bed until 7:45AM before I gave up and went to get some bfast - I was hungry. It was cloudy-looking from my room but beautiful from the view downstairs! Though I couldn't sleep, I still felt really tired so I brought some coffee (with almond milk) back to bed and cracked open my book with a flashlight.



I finally got out of bed after reading until 10...I knew I had to make steps towards productivity. I loved being in bed though, awake in the quiet, dark, early morning with my book. I've been getting bored lately but I might miss these slow mornings in the hectic craze that will probably surround my action-packed trip in Luxembourg! 

I dragged my tired rear end out the door for a run... I was planning 8 miles. 1 mile in, my grandparents pulled over on the road and grabbed my attention! (This would've been a lot more surprising if I hadn't been running where I always run, which is in the park right across the street from their house.) They said they were going to the grocery store and would meet me at home to give me something in 30-40 minutes. I knew I was not going to be that fast so I just ran back to my house longways, until I had 37 minutes total. 

While I waited for them to arrive, I decided to prepare lunch. I planned to go back outside and finish the run after seeing them but wanted food to be ready. I made a kale salad with sautéed mushrooms and caesar dressing. Eclectic, but YUM. I was hungry but all I ate while waiting was a...piece of chocolate. 

The grands quickly stopped in and I finished the run. I got to a daily total of 7.7 miles which felt like a million miles because it was stretched out so long. My legs don't like when I break runs up like this but I was sure to jump right into the warm shower and thaw out and stretch, which made me feel much better.

When the sister got home from school, we decided to do our "after school activity." We're doing after school activities every day this week since I leave next Tuesday.

Yesterday's activity was: fro yo. 

There were shrieking babies in the shop so we ran outside and ate it in the car. I had some yummy cinnamon bun and red velvet cake yogurts (with toppings, ofc).

----------------------------------

Do you remember when I said I really wanted a flip belt for my (longer) runs??? Well, somehow Alex's mom found this out and got me one for the holidays!!! It's even pink, like I wanted! All the important stuff slides right in and you can flip that baby over and run for days (or just miles :). It fits well over my running clothing and I can't wait to try it with a bunch of stuff in there, especially for longer runs or runs where I might need a phone or something (...Luxembourg runs!?). 

Yayyyyyyyyy!



On more crazy-exciting piece of news today.... NEW SHOES. I actually got these guys a few weeks ago and have been using up my old shoes and waiting for good weather to try the new ones so there aren't big glops of mud on them after the first day. 

Until now, I always try on the shoes in the Second Sole running store that I go to - and I always end up with the same old pair, just in a new color (most exciting part). 

This time, the running guy knows me so well that as soon as he saw my white shoes in hand, he just asked if I needed a new pair and brought it right out. No muss, no fuss, and no trying on when I'm just going to go with the same old thing anyways!

See these beauts? No one had even taken them out of the box before and the laces were still tied together, tags were on, and those shape-keeping foot inserty things were still in there too!



One thing I did notice was that the laces were oddly short??? Not sure what that's about but if it turns out to be an issue I'll just switch the laces with a pair of my old sneaks. This is my third pair of ASICS GT 2000s since I've really been running a lot (so, in the last year) and I still love them and hold that they are the perfect shoe for me.

Still, I'm always searching for ways to get them on really good deals... I found some on Amazon for $70... is it bad that I would revert back to the GT 1000s just for the price and the all-pink style?!

Anyways, I took them for a 3.5-mile spin and they rocked! Never had blue running shoes before and I think blue makes me extra speedy. The weather was a huge plus too, sunny and 40 degrees! And after a few "warm" days with no snow, a lot of the ice and sloppy mud has also dried up. Today was a runner's dream! I would've gone longer but I had slept into late o'clock and am trying to take it easy after yesterday. 

Nothing like some sun and a nice little run to make my mood and my day! Hope your Tuesday is just as pleasant :)






No comments:

Post a Comment