Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Starting out 2014 strong!

I don't make New Year's resolutions but I do make different goals at various times throughout the year and now seems like as good a time as any to stick with them.

Speaking of sticking, I made last week's sticky Christmas cinnamon rolls again (I had leftover frosting). They turned out different this time!


I kept up with my goals this week by sticking with my normal routine. At the hotel on Monday I did 4 miles, 8-minute arms, and 8-minute abs. Yesterday I did a 25-minute run (wanted to go longer but it was 19 degrees and my face started to freeze off). So I came home and did 25-minutes of spin and 8-minute abs too! Turns out that last week I did another 30-mile week which is a lot for me.

This morning I did my first run of 2014 and hit about 5.5 miles. Not including the 7-mile treadmill run last Saturday, this was the longest I've done since the last half-marathon!

This is what the weather was like for my run. Wish I had my camera during the run, it was gorgeous!

Found this old Spin Playlist and workout on HRG's blog. Gotta try it! I'll probably do this tomorrow or Friday when the temperatures are supposed to become pretty brutal (high of 15=no outside for me).
Some hot yoga might go nicely with that weather...I still have two passes to use up!

Hoping for some night sledding tonight to officially ring in the New Year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment