Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Couscous Risotto recipe

For a long time I've been wanting to do this couscous risotto recipe. A few weeks ago, I had made a short list of things I wanted to cook/bake before I left the United States for a few months. Since last night was my final night here...I had one last chance to make this yummy couscous risotto - a definite warm-you-up type of meal.

The main ingredient is this nice, thick Israeli couscous.

The second most important part is the tomato sauce/chicken broth mixture that you simmer prior to adding to the couscous. At first I thought it looked like a lot of liquid, but that couscous soaks it right up.

When you mix it together, it thickens and you add seasoning and sprigs of oregano


Towards the end, you mix in these chopped pieces of real mozzarella, and it turns gooey and stringy (in the best way!).

Final product!




No comments:

Post a Comment