Saturday, January 18, 2014

Last 7 days of running, Picadilly, and a send-off :)

I was just minding my own business looking on my Garmin connect account this morning when I saw that in the last 7 days I've run 39.82 miles?!?!?!!? WHAT?

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that I've done a "40-mile week" Monday to Sunday...but that's Saturday to Saturday and that's pretty darn close! I would say that qualifies as a 35 mile week (Sunday to today?).

Obviously I haven't been taking any rest days... which is NOT good. Instead I've been doing really short, easy runs every few days to keep the leggies somewhat fresh. I don't do very many hard runs at all. When training for something, or with running in general I would always always take one complete rest day per week, but over this break 1) I haven't had much to do and 2) I've been afraid that there's a possibility that I'll get to Europe and be able to run basically never. So I'm trying to get a lot in now because if I can't run (or row) ever I'll be sad. So I just wanted to clarify that and of course I would never normally recommend running with no rest days for weeks at a time. Personally, my body doesn't respond great to it and by this point I do feel more run down and tired on my runs than usual. But to me, just getting to be outside, getting my heart rate up, makes it worth it. On that note, I must say that I'll probably take the day off from running tomorrow (maybe some yoga?) and then run Monday and Tuesday before I fly, just to see the sights of my neighborhood a few last times until May. (I'm a pretty nostalgic person if you can't tell!)

It's still xmas here y'all
(Lots of foam rolling followed my run)

My last 7 days!

Later this afternoon one of my good friends came and visited. Despite the 18-degree weather we decided to check out a local, all-natural fro yo place. It turned out to be an adorable shop and was delicious!




Book tree :)

Tonight's excitement included a family dinner - between my family and Alex's family. One last meal all together for... possibly as long as a year! (Hopefully we can all get together over the summer though.) We had a yummy dinner followed by a cute send-off cake!




No comments:

Post a Comment