Wednesday, January 22, 2014

We have arrived! (mostly in pictures :).

We have arrived in Luxembourg...and it's amazing! I do miss my routine at home but I'm constantly amazed and enthralled by the new things I am seeing every minute!

First we flew to Newark, where the weather was so bad that hardly ANYTHING was flying out... our flight did go out but we sat on the plane for two hours (I had already just about finished Austenland).

Excited to get a pillow and blankie for this 8-hour flight.

This was my longest flight ever and also my first international flight. It was sort of an odd feeling, like time travel or something... I didn't sleep a wink and watched all of season 3 of Downton Abbey. Time well spent.

In addition to a dinner, bfast was also served on the plane. I think we're getting closer to a real croissant!

We finally landed in Zurich... on the way down I took a lot of pictures out the window because this was my first time seeing the ground of another country. It was really bizarre!
We enjoyed flying from Switzerland because if the chocolates they gave us... And the more chocolates they gave us when we had to switch planes due to maintenance issues...
When I finally arrived in Luxembourg City, my host mother left me to unpack and ran out to get lots of gluten free foods! She knew I prefer to eat less gluten and was really sweet and accommodating about that.

Lunch at the chateau today... Veggie quiche and soup!



Exchanged some money and had euros to use for dinner... Which was an omelette (omelette are not very photogenic so a pic of the $$ instead!).

After a day packed with lectures, a scavenger hunt, and filling out paperwork to declare our arrival, we spent the evening exploring around. It was very cold and rainy but so worth it... This is such a beautiful, old city!

More stories and details to come in the next few days :)



No comments:

Post a Comment