Monday, January 20, 2014

Banana Chocolate Chip PB Muffins!

Bananas, choc chips, and PB are some of my fave things right now... so I decide to put them all into one beauteous muffin form. This turned out to be a great decision.


They turned out just as I'd hoped. 

My recipe: (This was inspired by a basic recipe found in The Muffin Book. I changed several things around but it was their recipe that I used for my first banana muffins many years ago!).

Ingredients~

  • 2 cups of baking flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1.5-2 cups chocolate chips
  • ¾ cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • ¼ cup butter (melted)
  • ¾ cup peanut butter
  • 2 medium, ripe bananas
Start by preheating the oven to 400*F. Line your muffin tin(s). I would start by mashing the bananas and setting them aside. Sift together all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl; dry ingredients first, and then the sugar, milk, and butters. Add the bananas and mix until everything's evenly combined. Last, add the chocolate chips. 

Fill each muffin tin until it's about ⅔ of the way full. If you're feeling really crazy, sprinkle more CCs on top (I did this). 

Bake about 15 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.

--------------------

Thank goodness for my 30-minute run today... I need to get out of the house after about 3.7 packing meltdowns... I was sore city from yoga but the run helped loosen things up. One more run in the United States tomorrow morning!

After the run & some eggs/mushrooms I headed out to all of our fave dining hot spots to enjoy them one last time... I enjoyed a caramel latte and shared a Panera brownie with the sister (who had Piada).





No comments:

Post a Comment