Monday, June 10, 2013

A case of the Mondaysssss.

Today was yet another rainy day for Cleveland! I slept poorly last night and woke up only to be greeted by an unusually hectic day at work. My work is always hectic, but today was a particularly good wake up call for me...Hello, real world! My ideas for today's post are all a little eclectic because my brain is still in dysfunctional Monday-mode.

Since it is Monday, I thought it would be funny to share this (even though I didn't drink coffee today). Startlingly accurate, I'd say!


Hungry Runner Girl posted this photo, which is also pretty funny (and true!).


Today my run actually came after work and I ran through the marsh that has become my town after about a week of rain! I'm mostly tapering, so the run wasn't too exciting (especially compared with my super exciting bike ride yesterday!) 

My mom took this beautiful photo of all the greens she picked up at the market on Saturday. She's been whipping up smoothies and other delicious (and healthy concoctions). She's signed up for a weekly influx of different fresh, organic, and local fruits and vegetables, which we get to pick up every Saturday. I am excited to see what this holds for our summer recipes!



After my run, I actually researched...RUNNING SKIRTS. I've always thought that the idea of wearing a running skirt is kind of silly--it's like saying, "Oh sure women can do everything men can do...as long as they look flouncy and girly while they do it!" and it also seemed to suggest a sort of lack of seriousness about running, as if it's just another opportunity to play dress up rather than focus on hard work. Over the past several years though, my opinion has been evolving, especially as I started to read about elite/professional female runners that wear them...they're the most serious about running out there, and they still wear running skirts! So I'm open to the idea now, but if I ever get one, it has to look great!  I'd love to wear one around in general and maybe even to run in someday! So far I like:

The Runaround Skort from Athleta. I like that the back is pleated, and there's lots of color options.
The Ramp It Up Skort from Athleta is also really cute... and the reviews say that there are rubber grips on the shorts underneath that help prevent them from riding up--definitely very important!


I also liked the Hatha Yoga Skort, once again from Athleta! The only thing with this one is that it looks tiny bit short (don't want it to ride up!) and is only offered in this charcoal color.


The final favorite running skirt that I found is from the awesome Brooks! It's called the Glycerin Skort, is very well-reviewed, AND some colors are on SALE! There's a lot of color options, too. I'm not sure which I would choose...


That's all I've got by way of running skirts/skorts! I don't know if I could ever choose one though...will keep you updated on what I think!












No comments:

Post a Comment