Friday, June 28, 2013

Chrissie Wellington

Recently, I finished a book called A Life Without Limits, written by Ironman World Champion, Chrissie Wellington.


At first, Chrissie's story made the Ironman sound all the more impossible and super-human; something that I shouldn't even consider! However, reading through her story further made it sound more attainable once again. I mean, certainly I would have to take this challenge on during a time when I could focus merely on training and nutrition, but I think I could do it, just to finish one! Chrissie writes a lot about how she always felt she was very average throughout her life, and sort of morphed into this super-athlete to her own surprise! She expresses that really "just anyone" can get into this and accomplish it. 

On that lieu, this weekend's agenda will hopefully include a decent run and a long bike ride on Sunday! I love my towpath Sunday bike rides. I'm thinking of trying to do a duathlon (run/bike/run) in Cincinnati in the end of July, I think that might be my next "thing" to work towards and to look forward to! I'm also planning on going out to visit a friend whom I met at school but who lives pretty nearby--that will be amazing! Reunited after a couple of months apart!

Earlier in the week I was at Target (my happy place) with my sister, and I found THIS, which I really want to have on my wall at school next semester... Maybe I'll put some money towards it!

Also found THIS on the Pantene bottles in the Shampoo section. I'm so thrilled to have been part of the 300,000!





No comments:

Post a Comment