Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dessert.

First order of business!


Cannot WAIT for the 2013 Hot Chocolate Race!


Secondly:

Finally: Right now my biggest mission is figuring out desert for Father's Day dinner...after running the half-marathon I will (hopefully!) be busy in the kitchen baking away! The problem is that I can pick a recipe! I had some free-time during work when I was able to look through some recipes on my favorite tastespotting.com ...I found about 15-20 desert recipes that I'm dying to try! I don't know how I'll ever bake all of these things unless I start baking and bringing food in for my co-workers.

The first thing I found was pretty simple: cookie sticks! This is basically just a chocolate chip cookie but in stick-form. I'm not sure why I find this so intriguing... These are high on my list of baking priorities.


My second most favorite recipe was rainbow challah from one of my most-visited food blogs..."What Jew Wanna Eat." This blog is where I found my original challah recipe, and thanks to Amy, I am now an excellent baker (and braider) of (6-stranded) challah. Supposedly food-coloring is bad for you...but in this instance it might really be worth it.


The next thing I found was a beautiful Cream Puff Chocolate Eclair Cake. OMG this cake is beautiful. A year ago I mastered the art of baking cream puffs and I just think this is a wonderful next step in my world of cooking... Definitely high on my list as well!


I've also long been waiting to make S'more Bars like the ones I found here. 


Last but not least: peanut butter banana ice cream with chocolate sauce and caramelized pancakes! I'm not even sure where to start on this recipe...


Though all of these ideas are amazing and super fun/delicious, I'm not sure that any of them are quite right for desert on Father's Day. I know my dad and grandfather would appreciate something a little toned-down and plain, especially with some seasonal fruit... I'm not really sure how to approach this, because (as you can see) I think any desert without chocolate involved is a huge waste. I'm open for any ideas! Also need advice on which of these awesome recipes to get started on first...






No comments:

Post a Comment