Saturday, June 29, 2013

Peaches day and Remote Racing?

Today was a day of PEACHES.

I love summer fruit. Today I woke up and went for a run, which felt a little slow (legs still tired from most recent 13.1?) and then showered and headed off to visit a friend from school! We had a great day together and I came home in time for dinner. Afterwards I had a thrilling evening of working on some stuff that I hadn't finished in the office yesterday! In other words, very exciting stuff!

Tomorrow I'll hopefully head off for a long bike ride again. Can't believe how much time has already elapsed since I did that! As I said a few days ago, I'm thinking about doing a duathlon, so I want to see what bike riding/running all together feels like. For tomorrow, though, I think I'll just focus on the bike riding and enjoying it!

About a week ago, HRG posted about a race she wanted to do in Cali called Summer Breeze, and mentioned that it was also available through REMOTE RACING

I had thought of this concept, but never actually heard of it before! Imagine being able to participate in a race that you REALLY want to do, and receive the t-shirt, bib, and medal for it, without having to fly across the country for it! It sounds awesome, though I am a little mixed on how I feel about it. I sort of feel like it's materialistic to want a medal/t-shirt for a race that you won't ACTUALLY be doing...you can go out and run 13.1 completely for free. However, this method allows you to look forward to it, to sponsor something you are passionate about, etc. I'm just not sure though...

Tomorrow after the bike ride I hope to make THIS


No-Bake Chocolate Eclair=YUM.




No comments:

Post a Comment