Friday, August 2, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

Time for another Favorite Things Friday, since it's been a couple weeks since my last! I have a lot favorite things these days. Here are this week's favorites:

1. My new wall hanging! Yesss!

2. Watching old episodes from past Shark Weeks on Netflix. This year, Shark Week will be starting on Sunday (August 4th) and I'm soooo excited! I think it'll be a nice way to chill out after my early day for the triathlon. Lovveeee Shark Week.

3. The tea cookies display at Whole Foods. I don't normally shop at Whole Foods but seriously, their cookies are heavenly. I had a mini canoli last night (ate it too fast to stop to take a picture!) and it was amaymay. 

4. Oovooing with my besties. We had a great convo for a couple hours on Tuesday night, and it seriously made my week. If you guys are reading, I love you all!

5. My new role of wrapping paper (it has sharks and cupcakes, how can you go wrong there?!?! I must really like sharks these days...)

6. The last minute 10 seconds of an erg piece. I love the mixed sense of accomplishment/relief! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm taking these next couple of days easy in prep for Sunday. I actually took yesterday completely off, and today was just abs, a 5k erg test and light, short run. Tomorrow I might go for a mini-run or a walk or something, but likely will just take it off. Yesterday I took off because I was just exhausted--physically, mentally, and otherwise. My body just felt tired walking up the stairs, and getting out of bed was dreadful. I've been working hard this week both at work and in my workouts. I need to be sure I'm resting enough to perform as best I can in my upcoming events and just in training as well! Sometimes, you've gotta cut yourself a break :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment