Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Quick Post and lobster roll!

Today was my last day at home before packing up and leaving for school again. The next few days are definitely going to be hectic... I tried to prepare a little (mentally) by going to yoga. Today was another great class! I'm sad that I won't be able to continue my progress when I get to school (no Bikram there!) but excited for a new semester! Four months at home is a long time, and though I'm sad to leave I feel almost ready for a change. 

Today my sister and I "celebrated" (or mourned?? acknowledged?) my leaving by going downtown to meet my mom for lunch. Every Wednesday in summer the streets downtown fill with food carts with all sorts of yummy foods. My sister and I both ordered lobster rolls, which I haven't had since I was in Boston for the Head of the Charles regatta. That was actually the first time I'd tried one, and I didn't know they even made these in the Midwest! This lobster roll was great--it was on some nice, grilled bread and had spicy mayo and corn mixed into it. I had a picture of my sister eating hers but I think she'd never speak to me again if I posted it. So this food pic will have to suffice. 


Time for me to unwind with a little SYTTD ("Say Yes to the Dress") before bed and then I'll turn in. Very early start tomorrow and it's going to be just BONKERS when I move in, I know it! I have to go on an overnight retreat this weekend so my blogging might be a little spotty but I'll take as many pictures as I can!!! Wish me luck ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment