Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Hot yoga was...hot...

Today I finally dragged my butt to hot yoga. I've been needing to go but I was traumatized after I went to a hot yoga session too soon after a half-marathon... I didn't realize that 4 days wasn't enough to get maximal strength/hydration back! I've been planning on going for awhile and today ended up being the perfect day because my legs feel not-so-fresh after yesterdays mega-workout. Today one of my favorite teachers taught class--she's Hungarian and I love her accent. I always think of how good she is at what she does, especially because English is her second language! I can't imagine saying a 90-minute script (or speech) in a language that wasn't native to me. She also has the most encouraging comments. She called me out twice today for a good job, and towards the end of class we were doing a difficult pose and she went off the script to say "Guys. You just finished camel pose: you are awesome." Today was one of those days where yoga made me feel really strong, confident, and beautiful. That doesn't happen every time--as with everything, some days go a lot better than others, but today it was the perfect end of the day pick-me-up. I'm hoping to go to hot yoga a few more times before school starts up again. I have a multiple-class pass that I'm trying to use before I leave the country in January.

I like to think this, especially after hot yoga...

Things I have  want to do in the next 2 weeks:

  • Hang out with friends that I'm not going to see again for monthssss
  • See Despicable Me 2 (I hope it's still playing???)
  • See The Butler (I wrote an article about the man who wrote the book and screenplay--he spoke at Miami's commencement!)
  • Babysit as much as possible (to hoard up $$ for months of no cash influx!)
  • Go for one or two nice lonnggg runs
  • Get a Blizzard with IronSister
  • NEW RUNNING SHOES.
  • Go for one or two more long bike rides on the towpath
  • Shop for dorm stuff.
I feel like that's a lot to get done in a short amount of time! Luckily it's all good stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment