Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Spin, blizzard, and NEW SHOES!!!

This afternoon was the best. First-off because I went to Dairy Queen again with my sister! I had a mini cookie dough blizzard. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat dairy! Ice cream is the best.

Then... I GOT NEW RUNNING SHOES!!!!! This is the greatest news ever. With 400 miles on them, my purple shoes weren't working too well for me and were starting to hurt my joints and give me blisters. Often times runners can get up to 700 miles comfortably on a pair of running shoes, but I certainly fall between the 300 and 500 cut-off for shoe replacement needs. Check these guys out!!!

They're the same as my old ones and are white with pink laces.

Like any loving parent, I buckled them in on the way home:

And put them on right when I got back!


For anyone who was unfamiliar with my very well-loved old shoes, they were Asics GT2000 model (you can take a look here). I LOVED these shoes and have always bounced back to Asics after trying a  new type of shoe. I get them discounted at my local running specialty store and I think Asics were made for me. So this new white shoe is just an updated version of my old ones! I will continue to wear my grape/white/pink GT2000s for cross-training activities, and my new white and pink ones will get me through running! Hopefully my sister has forgiven me for singing songs about my pink shoelaces all afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's workout was a really fun one! It started with this killer outfit:

...and I found myself here:

My workout was:
25-minute spin class
10-minute erg
25-minute spin
10-minute erg

I took 5-minute breaks in between to fold some laundry (the benefits of having the equipment in the basement where the washer and dryer also live). After I was done I ate an egg sandwich on the floor while I stretched.

Check out my new erg log-card!

That card will save alllllllll my workouts and total meters on there. I think it's awesome! It'll be great to track my progress and monitor my total accomplishments over time. I'm glad my dad got one for me! I'm very lucky to have parents that are very interested in what I do--interested enough to buy an erg, fix it up when it needs, and buy log-cards for the family!

I've been on a running-cleanse for the last few days if you haven't noticed, but that all came crashing to an end when I got my irresistible new shoes. I went for a short run with IronSister to try them out (though there wasn't much to "try" since they're the same as what I just had, but that doesn't matter!). I also hadn't showered yet because the running store is one of the few places that welcomes me with open arms showered or not, and sweat is something they understand. So in my state of residual sweatiness I thought it would be a waste not to run with my new shoes before I showered. Yep, I'm sure I just lost a few friends for those last few sentences regarding my hygiene. 











No comments:

Post a Comment