Sunday, August 18, 2013

Getting on the saddle...(or seat).

Today was one of those unmotivated days...it was cloudy and I was tired and sore from waterskiing yesterday (yes, I know, what a very hard life I lead!). Finally, at about 7PM (I had plans with a friend during the day) I got myself together and popped on the erg for what I've known was coming...another 5k benchmark...

A daunting sight...

I came out of it with a new 5k PR!!!!! YES! I have tryouts in 3 weeks and this is right where I want to be. I should be able to come down a few more seconds as long as I rest and get the right nutrition before tryouts. I was a little nervous but this is right where I wanna be at and I'm HAPPY.

Yummy fresh post-PR tomatoes...

-----------------------------------------------------

Today I spent the day with a friend who actually goes to school with me, so I'll see her later in the week, but we just couldn't wait to hang out! I wanted to show her my neighborhood and go out to to my favorite crêpe eatery. Today I had the egg and mushroom crêpe, perf! Lemonade sounded good too, so I had some with my lunch. Usually I don't drink anything other than water (or sometimes water+Gatorade) so it was pretty wild! 

I'm preparing for my travels in France by eating here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment