Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throwback Thursday and Ironman Inspo.

I've been nervous for this weekend's triathlon... but in true Throwback Thursday fashion I was looking through old photos that show that maybe I've been preparing for this my whole life!




I think I was 5 in the above "race" -- the first one I ever ran! I dug up an adorbs picture of my sister with me post-race. I love that they gave us little numbers and everything (I think the race was only a 100 meters or something)!!

As you can see, my dad has always been around during my sporting events throughout life. He missed only ONE regatta all through high school (meaning he'd gone to nearly 30!). He's always my biggest supporter. This weekend he's on a bike ride to DC with a buddy of his, which is awesome! He'll miss my first triathlon though. I know he'll be thinking of me!

Today I read NYC Running Mama's second Ironman recap. Reading her story was sooo inspiring. I'm even more ready now to do this triathlon. Reading her recap made me want to have the experience of an Ironman even more. It sounds like a soul-finding experience--something that's so meaningful. It's such a journey to go through with yourself. Reading NYC Running Mama's experience made me want to do triathlons so much!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Do you remember that wall hanging from Target that I was in love with? I happened to go to Target this evening, and found that they had restocked! They had ONE LEFT! I ran to it and hugged it, determined to never let it go. It was really fate, the hanging was on sale! Can't wait to decorate my new dorm with it! I'm also looking at wall tapestries... I wonder if they could double as blankets...


No comments:

Post a Comment