Friday, August 9, 2013

When to long run , packing priorities, and best dinner ever.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm currently on a 3-night babysitting stint for a girl that I've been watching for the better part of a decade now. This is what I need to pack for an overnight: books, books, books, agenda book, laptop!

Last night we ventured out to carry out some dinner and we went to PIADA! Piada is my favorite, the first time I went was at the amazing Easton mall in Columbus during a regatta trip, and there's been no turning back since. I get the vegetarian Piada every time. I tend to think that things generally taste better wrapped up, and it turns out the same is true for...pasta? If you've never tried a Piada, you have to go try one right now!

Nom nom I get mine with grilled veggies and pesto sauce yummmm

The subject of yumminess brings me to a Long Run post that I was reading on hungryrunnergirl.com today. I'd been planning on doing a long run today or tomorrow (as of now still feel too dead from my 10k erg yesterday so I'll plan on tomorrow--my legs will feel a lot fresher and it will be much more fun!) and I'm glad I read this before doing so! I had wanted to do the long run as a full simulation at my half-marathon race-pace, but this post reminded me that I should chill out a little. Instead, I should slow down for most of it--I could stick in a few tempo miles in the middle or the end if it feels good. This will be MUCH more beneficial!

I didn't sleep very well since I was in a different house last night, so I'm going to try to get a bit of shut-eye before doing my post-camp pick-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment