Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ode to my favorite (and only) hat.

I was too sad to write yesterday because I tragically lost my favorite white hat from the Head of the Charles regatta. I lost the hat in none other than a boating accident. It was very traumatic. That hat was usually perfect for boating because I could cinch it up super-tight onto my smaller-than-average sized head and it always stayed on. Yesterday we picked up speed right before I was about to cinch it up (I didn't like to permanently keep it cinched because it would hurt my head). I got the hat last year in Boston, and it had the year printed on it and everything! It was perfect and all mesh and white so my head was always cool. I wore it for almost every run and certainly every race, and it let runners everywhere know that I'm actually a rower. I wrote my name in it so if it was lost no one could try to steal it. This hat saved me (and the world) from suffering from my terrible hair days. So I'm really sad about this loss. Especially because I have no hat now and I wore that thing like once a day. Usually I try to keep this blog cheerful but today is a day of morning.

RIP Boston hat...you were even there when I suffered from identity crisis and wore you backwards...

...and of course for my first half-marathon, where you made friends with Sunglasses...

...and when I had bad days an made this face...

...and my second half-marathon...

...and of course all my regattas!

I'll never forget you, Hat!

P.S. Sorry to make this post depressing...catharsis is important...






No comments:

Post a Comment