Friday, July 12, 2013

5k prep and Pizza Passenger.

Tomorrow will be my FIRST 5k since last November (although I had one in April, but that turned out the be about 4 miles). That means that this also will be my first post-injury 5k and my first post-distance-racing 5k! I'm excited to see how my increased mileage will have helped! Unlike my past two races, which were both half-marathons, I have not laid out what I am going to wear, packed a pre/post-race bag, or planned out my intake/nutrition. I HAVE hydrated a lot and looked up the weather. Not exceptionally cool, but should be a nice relief from the 6 PM 90 degrees I've been getting used to...

Honestly, I'm not sure WHAT to expect tomorrow from myself. My legs are definitely tired from this week, my only real "taper" was taking today off, and I'm not sure where I'm at speed-wise. Judging by the mini speed workouts I've been doing, I should be able to reach my PR (especially because I was doing those in SUPER hot weather). However, I'm prepared to admit that sometimes things don't go quite how we runners want them to. Tonight as preparation I'll be stretching out all my soreness-prone areas, and I'll do the same in the morning before the race.

Somehow, I always end up eating pizza before my races! It's the only time I ever have pizza, and I don't plan it that way but it just works out like that! Today my mom wanted us to pick up a couple of pizzas for dinner. I take this job very seriously. 

The pizza was GREAT! So beautiful

After dinner I finally worked on one of my recipes...S'mores Brownie Bars! I think they came out really nicely. The brownie part might be a little over-done though...

I love baking on a Friday night--I know, I'm a wild child! This was a great way to spend a nice pre-race evening after a big work week. I'll have to let you know how it goes tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment