Sunday, July 21, 2013

First Brick!

Today was awesome because I got to do my first OFFICIAL brick training EVER! I did a bike/run to prepare for my triathlon that will be coming up in two short weeks. My dad came with me for the bike and the company made it a lot more fun.

Embarrassing that Garmin fits better on my bicep than my wrist... Skinny arm probs...
Usually on Sundays I like to do a longgg ride, and go out to the towpath for a couple hours. Today however I wanted to make my brick as close to race day as possible. In reality, race day will include an 8-mile bike and 1.5-mile run, but today we got it as close as we could with a 10-mile bike and 2-mile run. The run actually ended up being two miles because I wasn't paying attention/I was sort of disoriented. BUT it went well. The funny thing with running right after a bike ride: your legs are sort of numb! So it's easier than you might think to push the pace down. After today's brick, I think I have a better idea of what the triathlon will be like. I think I'll shoot to finish in 1 hour. It'll be tough with the swim (no idea how that's going to go) and the transition times but I should be able to do it! And if not, no harm done. Really I'm just going to be happy if I can finish; it's my first tri!
Post brick!

No comments:

Post a Comment