Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!

YAY it's the Fourth of July!

I started my day after sleeping in a tiny bit and then hurrying out for a run before it got too hot! I did the same 5-mile course that I ran the other day but this time instead of doing an easy run, I ran at tempo pace. I was inspired by Brooks today...

I warmed up for the first 0.5 miles and then hit my tempo pace. It was HARD! I felt like I had more in the tank but couldn't push it anymore...and at the end (when I was dripping in sweat) I realized that it's probably due to the outrageous heat and humidity today. I used the final mile as a cool-down which I think really helped. I felt great after I cooled down and drank some chocolate milk. 

Beautiful lily in our backyard!

I spent the day having some down time and then going to TARGET (fave place) with my mom. I got some special surprises for my sister's birthday and a couple things for when I go back to school (now I can say I go back "next month"...whaaat!?).  I also got some M&Ms and at the red, white & blue ones.

Also got these new multi-vites...hopefully they help me row harder and run faster!

Annnndddd: Alex is home!!!!! Ultimate Fourth of July surprise! 
(Except it wasn't really a surprise this time!)









No comments:

Post a Comment