Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Weather probs and penguin gummies.

I never really thought there was weather that really make running unsafe...but there is, as it turns out! Just as I was finishing work and thinking of getting ready to gear-up and go for a recovery run... Mother Nature freaked out! It was afternoon but suddenly I looked out the window and it was BLACK and the radio and the television kept piping out that scary/annoying weather warning sound...hail started falling and the wind was blowing soooo hard! My grandma called me to make sure I wouldn't leave the house because tornados were about to hit... so I decided to opt for spinning in my basement rather than risking my life or getting blown into a tree (or having branches fall on me...more likely).

The weather warnings that were erupting this afternoon...

Spinning actually turned out to be pretty nice and I was able to watch Cake Boss for awhile on Netflix while I pedaled away (that's my guilty TV pleasure...)

Before the bad weather hit, I took a break from my work to go to one of the best places on Earth...Trader Joe's!!! My sister came with me and we found these delightful gummy penguins...what could be better???


So cute!

I was looking through more pictures from this weekend and realized the only semi-decent one of Alex and me is this one... we were having selfie-central in the back of the boat after waterskiing... This is the only photo where we don't both look completely ridiculous (or where one of us is not in the photo...oops). Alex doesn't look too thrilled in this one...

Now I'm off to bed! An early day tomorrow, hopefully might catch a movie with my sister after work if we have time!






No comments:

Post a Comment