Saturday, July 20, 2013

Change of plans...

So...sometimes with rowing, the weather really doesn't cooperate and rowing is a BAD idea. This was the case this morning when I woke up to loud thunder and pouring rain (and several texts/emails from our coach saying to STAY HOME). This made me really sad because I was so looking forward to seeing my girlfriends! However, this can be pretty easily rescheduled and we'll just have to do it someday soon :) Hopefully this week.

So, in the wake of the rain, I headed out mid-morning for a run. I wanted to do a longer run today but I knew I wanted to go see a movie with my sister at 12.45. This didn't give me enough time for an hour+ run, so I just did 5.5 miles at a pretty nice pace. The cooler weather brought in by the rain felt GREAT and helped make me speedier than I usually am for easy runs! It was one of the best runs I've had in a long time.

I got home with 20 minutes to spare before we had to leave for the movie. Miraculously, I showered, dressed, and inhaled a Gatorade before we had to go!

When we returned, my parents were also returning from errands. They went to one of my favorite places, Trader Joe's! Thank goodness they brought one of my favorite treats!

I was going to make cookies tonight but since we have so many goodies from TJ's I think I'll just wait for tomorrow. I did more research on the triathlon today; I'm thinking I might try a brick tomorrow! Maybe a bike/run. We'll have to see--as shown by today, plans can quickly change!

No comments:

Post a Comment