Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Motivation, running 10 miles, and first new room deco!

I'm grateful that our motivation to run doesn't usually seem to come to this:

Runner's World featured an article today called "10 Reasons to Run 10 Miles." The article talks mainly about how running longer distance and building up your endurance is the perfect way to make it possible to be speedier on shorter distances. I think I've found this to be true (see my post on my most recent 5k) but I think I might like reason #3 the best. 
So true! My half-marathons and even my 10 and 12-mile runs make me feel so GREAT! I always am amazed at myself when I can cover that kind of distance. In fact, that might be a top reason why I enjoy distance-running so much...

My mom is the BEST for printing and framing this photo for me!


This was my boat this spring. Even though no one will replace my high school girls, this boat was GREAT and I love this picture (taken at our most successful regatta--an experience I'll remember for the rest of my life!)

Today my run was with one of those favorite "high school girls" who was on the rowing team with me. In fact, she was my co-captain! 
We did 2 miles of running, 2 miles of walking, and most importantly, 70 minutes of talking. This girl has been through so much with me and every time we get together I'm reminded of how important close girlfriends are! It was so great to catch up with her. She actually was the one who texted me about going running--I was thrilled! I love when people ask to run with me. Best feeling ever :)

Tomorrow's supposed to be those 8 tempo miles...hoping for the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment