Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Confidence when running and a recipe fail.

First of all: I loved this article that I found today through Hungry Runner Girl. It's all about having confidence about your running.  The article talks all about the mentality of running--the importance in having a positive attitude about what you set your mind to. This applies to running, but also "real life" in general! The article goes over strategies to be more positive about your running (or your life) such as not comparing yourself to other runners (it's not fair or practical; everyone has different goals) and setting goals one at a time. Sometimes, running is really the best metaphor for life.

Second of all: remember this???


I ended up baking this beautiful No-Bake Chocolate eclair, and it did NOT work! Instead of custardy filling I ended up with...soup! the top is thicker and is good with the chocolatey graham crackers... but the rest is just like sugary soup. I rarely have such trouble with recipes...I've made bread and cream puffs before without a problem but this simple recipe bamboozled me! I wonder if I'd have been more successful just doing the normal, baked version! 

Tomorrow will be the Fourth of July...I'm trying to decide what kind of run to go on! It'll definitely be hot but I'll likely have time to head out in the morning (I've been doing evenings after work this week). I'm debating more speedwork or a longer tempo run... not sure what I'll decide on!

No comments:

Post a Comment