Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Relaxing run and BACKWARDS.

Today my run was a nice relaxing 5-miler at recovery pace. I didn't have any aches or pains, discomforts, or anything... I just ran. Kept a nice pacing throughout and found a new way to do a 5-mile route and stay close to the area that I'm most comfortable running in.



I like running because I can be alone with my thoughts...yet for the most part I stop thinking; or at least I don't think in the way that I normally would. I can lose myself for a few miles which feels really nice. I don't have my phone...don't have to worry about the computer...can't check emails...certainly can't be reached by my boss! All my worries go away and it's just me and the road. The longer I'm out there, the better...an hour...two hours...all the better to remove me from the world. That's probably part of why I love running.

This evening I did something fun...I watched Backwards while eating watermelon! Backwards is a movie about rowing and follows the story of an Olympic hopeful who, by the age of 30, decides it's time to pursue other dreams and becomes a coach.

The film features Sarah Megan Thomas and James Van Der Beek and is actually really cute! I liked it a lot...mostly because of all the rowing footage and familiar apparel from US Rowing... I love that the main characters coach high school girls...my high school girls team was the best! Plus, Sarah Megan Thomas was a real rower in high school and college, and she wrote, produced, and starred in the film--so you know it's legit! The storyline illustrates what's really important in life after awhile...the "dream" or your ultimate overall happiness with your life? It made me remember why I love rowing and I definitely recommend it to all rowers AND non-rowers!



No comments:

Post a Comment