Saturday, July 13, 2013

Race Recap: Gordon Square 5k

Today was the Gordon Square 5k! It was AWESOME. We had some trouble finding the start in the yacht club/park but it was smooth sailing once we found it. We had just enough time to warm up and stretch out and it was great (my wonderful mom once again shuttled us and took pictures :).



As you can see, I outfitted myself with completely non-matching colors for this race...and I kind of liked it!

We love to run!


Gorgeous day (not too warm!)

There were a few bumps in the road for this race, but overall it was a great experience. According to their records, I PRed with a time of 21:33, coming in second in my age group. Garmin had the course at 2.86 miles, not 3.1, and had me at an average pace of 7:40 (a little slow for my 5k-pace, but more believable than what they had me at...). I'm happy to take their recorded time though! Just a little bummed I didn't get that first-place (would've gotten a medal). 

One of the best things about this race was that afterwards, I got to get NAKED!
(Don't worry, this isn't THAT kind of blog :)

Afterwards I got to look through the goodie bag they gave us. There were a lot of must have, helpful items for me, such as a mini first-aid kit, a portable frisbee, and Starburst lip balm (I HATE dry lips!)

This afternoon I went and did another of my favorite things: movie-watching! I went to see the new movie, "The Heat" with some friends. I'm so glad I did because it was HILARIOUS. I laughed pretty much the whole two hours straight through. It was amazing.

Spending the rest of the evening dong some painting, music-mixing, and catching up on some shows! A great day, in my book!




No comments:

Post a Comment