Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Puppy and styling wallets

I babysat for the same girls again today as yesterday. They had a friend over and were happy to play, so I just played fetch with their dog for awhile. He's nice company.

Later on, the girls had a "duct tape session" during which we all spent approximately 2.5 hours making things out of duct tape. It was actually a lot of fun (I'm a child at heart!). Towards the end they ran into the other room to work on a secret project. At the end, they produced these two adorable wallets for me! I will use them lovingly!

When I got home, these tiny plums awaited! My grandparents bring us some every year, they're sooo yummy.

Check out NYC Running Mama's Ironman update! She did amazing job this past weekend at her first Ironman. She's amazing! 

I get email updates everyday with different tips/research/facts for athletes. Today's was about running in the heat. It directed me to this temperature calculator which is pretty cool to play around with. 85 degree temperatures can increase a half-marathon time up to 2-3 minutes and a full-marathon up to 7 minutes! Other races and runs are of course affected too, bear in mind! So if things feel rough during summer runs and races, check out the temps!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's run was a 6.5 mile easy run. Every time I think about my triathlon, I run faster! I had to keep this fact in mind so I could consciously give my legs a rest. For the first time, I did an out-and-back route for this run, and I'm not sure how I liked it. It was very much up-hill the way out, and was a bit rough on my legs despite being an easy run. Next time, I'll definitely bring music. I haven't used music since the CLE Half, so I just haven't thought to bring it! For a simple, straight-forward run like this one, I'd definitely appreciate music though.  I'll be erging tomorrow and taking Friday/Saturday off. 



No comments:

Post a Comment