Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Why I Run

Today I did a speed workout (the second one I've ever done) including a 1 mile warm-up, 400-800-800-800-800-400 at 5k pace with 1 lap rests in between and 1 mile cool down. It was HARD! I actually just looked at weather.com and it turns out that right when I started my run (6:05 PM) the temperature reached today's high: a whopping 88 degrees!!! No wonder I thought I was losing it for awhile there! By the end of the run, rainclouds and thunder were pretty threatening and I kept wondering why it couldn't have just done that an hour before to cool everything off! Anyways my splits were right where I wanted them to be and some even ran a little fast! Today's run was great because I was so high strung about a couple of things that seemed to matter the world to me before my run...and then afterwards it was like POOF! Those things hardly mattered anymore.

I love running in the evening so I can just end the day on a high note! Tonight I actually received an exciting CLE running email update that included a bunch of good summer 5ks in my area! So as of now, I think I will be doing the Gordon Square 5k on Saturday morning. I've been itching to do a 5k all summer so I'm really pumped! I also found a couple more 5ks that are happening down the road before I go back to school. Now that I have a race to look forward to, I'm super excited about running again! I think I hit a bit a of a lull after my last half-marathon; wasn't sure what I was working towards (I'm one of those people who likes to have goals with my running). Now I really can't wait for weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment